Friday, May 20, 2011

My New Ninja Skill

For the most part, my husband, Derick, stays away from my on-line life.  He loves & supports me in my silly hobby but it's not really his thing.  

But something happened & he said, “Blog about it.  You need to blog about it.” 

The event? 

I peeled & cut up a potato in less than two minutes.

I.am.a.potato.ninja.

To truly appreciate my prowess you have to know that I’m a slow cook.  Whatever amount of time the recipe card says it’s going to take…for me…I gotta double it.   

You see, I’m a slow walker.  I’m a slow cleaner.  I’m a slow launderer.  I’m a slow shopper.  I'm a slow driver.  I'm a slow bill payer (the time it takes to organize & do it, not necessarily when it's paid.)  You see the pattern. 

The only thing I have ever, ever done quickly in my entire life is type.  I can type like Speedy Gonazales. 

Now there are two things I do fast. 

Celebrate the little victories.

Instant potatoes, Schminstant potatoes. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it. I'm one of the world's slowest cooks, too. (I'd say I'm THE slowest, but I see now I have some competition.lol)

    Found you through Marye Audet-White...glad I did. :)

    ReplyDelete