Monday, May 2, 2011

One Thing I Totally Don't Get

WWE, Smackdown, RAW, etc.

This oddity is a primarily masculine American cultural phenomenon.  The speeches between the wrestling matches sound like testosterone laden soap operas.  I do NOT get it but my boys eat it like candy.

Speaking of candy, do you know researchers say that sugar doesn't actually affect children's behavior? 
[Whew, that was a nice rolling of the floor laughing moment.  I'm wiping tears from my eyes]  I remember the first time I let Wyatt drink a Sprite...non-caffeinated, high-fructose liquefied carbonated sugar.  The result was something like this...minus the creepy...add giggles.



Researchers are wrong, I don't care what their data says.

Researchers also say that there's no correlation between teething and snotty noses in babies.  Cue the rolling of mommy's eyes.  Kellen is teething now and he's snotty.  Maybe it is just a coincidence but there has been an awful lot of repetition of this exact coincidence.

Researchers are wrong, I don't care what their data says. 

Now, researchers say there's a correlation between watching entertainment wrestling shows and increased violent behavior of boys. 

Researchers.are.dead.on.

I can be in my bedroom and know the moment Derick & the boys start watching WWE in the living room.  The house begins to shake.  It's a physical impossibility for the kids to sit still and watch this show.  My poor ottoman receives so much abuse.  Kellen, the 13-month-old can hardly toddle, but in my imagination I've seen him tap the underside of his elbow and pile drive into his older brothers.

But Derick and the boys love this stuff.  It's something they enjoy doing together and can talk about together so I'm not going to complain too much.  Plus, I tend to get more housework done while they pummel each other..er...watch WWE.  

Meanwhile, I am so thankful we live in an earthquake prone area.  We live in a duplex style house & I'm crossing my fingers that the neighbors blame nature.  I'm fooling myself, but denial can be great.

Addendum (December 2011): The neighbors moved.

1 comment:

  1. lol Gabe was 2 years old when he put his first WWE Pin down move on his older sister! I totally blame RAW for that!

    ReplyDelete